Contact Vicki Champ at 503-910-5952 or email@example.com to be added to our email list for upcoming classes or with questions.
Click on the class title for more information
This seminar discusses the interesting facts and legal issues in six recent lawsuits filed against real estate appraisers and draws the key takeaways from each case. The cases discussed address such matters as:
- The appraiser who allegedly left the faucet running and flooded the property.
- The appraiser accused of making a 15% error in square footage – will the appraiser be liable to the borrower?
- Appraisers being accused of discrimination and violations of the Fair Housing Act – what happens in a HUD investigation?
- The commercial appraisers who reported they performed a complete inspection but missed the flooding in the basement.
- The appraiser sued 6 years after delivery of a report, will the statute of limitations get the claim dismissed?
- What are the main reasons that appraisers are being sued during the Covid-19 pandemic?
The instructor for the course is attorney Peter Christensen, Christensen Law Firm, www.valuationlegal.com. His law practice is focused on matters concerning valuation services. He’s the author of Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms, published by the Appraisal Institute. He’s also published more than 60 articles relating to valuation legal issues.